At Piper's request we went shopping for a dress for Grandma and Poppy's 60th anniversary party. She combed through every rack until she found the dress...purple, sparkly and dry clean only. She meticulously reviews every seam and rhinestone and then looks up and says "Does it spin? Let's go try it on Mom."
We get to the dressing room, she pulls it over her head and gives it a spin, "This is the one! Look how high it spins... like a princess!" she says. I look at the tag and raise my eyebrow. She sizes me up and says, "I have money... Grandma gave it to me...I can buy it myself!" She then pulls a quarter, nickel and two dimes out of her pocket. Well 50 cents covered it and she became the proud owner of a purple dry clean only spinning dress. Needless to say it was perfect for the party.

1 comment:
Doesn't it kill you that someone would make clothes for children that are dry clean only? Like the kid is going to pay for the cleaning?! Piper was adorable in the dress, she has fabulous taste.
Post a Comment