Monday, April 21, 2008

Multi-tasking


In the spirit of working smarter not harder Peeps has combined her two latest interest to one class...Gymkata.  This is gymnastics and Karate.  Of course this stretches my number one parenting objective; to keep my most precious miracle safe and protected. My miracle says to me, "mommies stay outside, this is for kids".  Okay, so when she is not looking I sneak in with the other parents to take pictures and to bond about our emerging geniuses.  

Now I' m basking in what a wonderful job Brett and I have done helping to develop a well rounded, independent little person. Just as I am drinking in all that is around me and feeling pretty full of myself at how I am handling this new found independence of my girl (no doting or hovering) Peeps runs and dives head first onto the wedge,  just as she flips over (slow motion in my mind, mentally picturing her head breaking off her shoulders much like a ripe tomato from a vine) I scream "Oh my god, Piper!" Yes, it is very true.  The room becomes silent for a few seconds, my daughter comes to her feet, looks grimly at me and directs me "to sit in the mommy room until class is over." I am now labeled as the mom that screamed...I'm sure that this will take awhile to live down.

No comments: